Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Vincolo pursuit bike

Here is a very unique Vincolo
Pursuit bike, which I have just picked up.
The bike was originally built for Glen Jenkins
and then sold to Daniel Beatson, who raced it as
a junior, but had to moth ball it when funny 
bikes were banned in the mid/late nineties.
Looking over this frame set, just further confirms my
opinion that Garry Buys was really one of New Zealand's
most innovative frame builders, a real unsung hero of
the New Zealand classics scene.
Although, having those low end frames made by CMG,
probably hasn't helped the reputation of Vincolo among
collectors, but I am sure this will change in the not to
distant future.
A seriously cool looking piece of history.
This is a photo from the Vincolo website, looks like the 
same frame?
 About 3/4mm clearance...



Hours of workmanship where ever you look.
Gary told me that his "pantographed" parts were
in fact hand engraved, like this fork crown.


Luckily for me it didn't have the name Cinelli or
Moser written anywhere on it,
 otherwise I would never have been able to afford it...

No comments:

Post a Comment