Tuesday, May 26, 2015

RIH SPORT PISTA TRACK

Here is a lovey little 1960's(?)
Dutch RIH Sport track frame I have just 
finished restoring.
This frame set was in a pretty sorry state when
I got it. But after a serious bit of love it is back to 
it's former glory.

RIH Sport were raced by many name riders including 6 Day
star and Directeur sportif of the TI Raleigh team the 
notorious hard man Peter Post.
This is my tribute to him.

Apparently Post only rode RIH Sport frames, regardless
of who he was riding for.



As these decals weren't available, I had the whole set
recreated, (which was a real mission) I am extremely
pleased with the result.
This drilled rear bridge is one of the trade marks of a RIH
built track machine.

A great looking frame from any angle.

6 comments:

  1. That's a stunner! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful restoration project. Believe it or not I've just bought an exact frame like yours in size 57 and I was wondering if you could tell me what size and BB type I could use. I assume it's Italian but have no idea of the dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!!! She turned out absolutely beautiful..!! Exactly the frame and color I'm searching for and have for many years. I just need 56cm - 58 approx. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,thanks for the nice comment,56-58cm you say, exactly my size too..well at least I will know who I am bidding against now!

    ReplyDelete