Friday, March 27, 2020

The COVID-19 Vintage Cycling Reading Reading Room

OK, so here in New Zealand we are on a four week lock down, and who knows how long this might go on for?, not me that's for sure.

With this in mind I am going to endeavor to scan and post a new vintage cycling article every day from my (embarrassingly) large vintage cycling magazine collection.

Remember to view the page larger and make it easier to read, click on the image, right click and enlarge...so without further ado here is a nice piece from Cycling Dec 1985 with Dennis McCarthy reminiscing about the controversy over the emergence of derailleur gears during 20's-40's in the UK along with a good insight into the fixed wheel TT scene of that period as well...enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. Dennis McCarthy was my Grandpa, I have that article too. Fun to see it posted online:)

    ReplyDelete